FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden FrittForum Debatt

HjelpHjelp   SøkSøk   GrupperGrupper   Bli MedlemBli Medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Sjekk private meldingerSjekk private meldinger   Logg InnLogg Inn 

MICROSOFT WORKED WITH THE GOVERNMENT FROM THE BEGINNING

Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema    FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden -> Data og Internet
Vis Forrige Tema :: Vis Neste Tema  
Av Innlegg
truud2
Oberstløytnant
Oberstløytnant

Ble Medlem: 16 Aug 2008

InnleggSkrevet: 29 11 09 01:53    Tittel: MICROSOFT WORKED WITH THE GOVERNMENT FROM THE BEGINNING Svar med Sitat

MICROSOFT WAS WORKING WITH THE GOVERNMENT FROM THE VERY BEGINNING

2009 Nov 20 from Robin Gaskell

About the sharing of security between MicroSoft and the NSA: it's not new. In the good old days when Microsoft was DOS - not Windows - and programming was so unsophisticated that I could use an old fashioned 'word processor' like Galaxy to 'inspect' Microsoft's system software, I found that MS and NSA were already at it.

Having heard that there were 'back windows' built into the Gates operating system ... allowing Microsoft operatives to look inside the memory of computers running the Microsoft DOS Operating System ... I thought such a thing was interesting. But when there was a rumour going about that Microsoft were being good boys, and sharing the 'back window' facility with the government's National Security Agency, I thought I should look into the matter.

Very gingerly, without changing any of the code, I opened the DOS Operating System file using the Galaxy word processor.
And, lo, I beheld instance after instance, throughout the software, pairs of files, one with the prefix MS in front of a number, and a second with the prefix NA in front of the same number. Although I could not alter the software, nor would have done so had I been able to, I resaved the DOS file unaltered and closed Galaxy ... in the knowledge that there were many 'back windows' in the DOS program, and also that MS and NSA appeared to be "feeding at the same trough".

An interesting snippet for the archives of computer programming,

http://www.realityzone.com/currentperiod.html

Av en eller annen grunn er jeg ikke overrasket Confused
Noly
Rekrutt
Rekrutt

Ble Medlem: 23 Apr 2010

InnleggSkrevet: 24 04 10 01:38    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Interessant innlegg
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
Vis Innlegg fra:   
Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema    FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden -> Data og Internet Alle klokkeslett er CET (Europa)
Side 1 av 1

Gå Til:  
Du kan ikke starte nye temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke svare på temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke endre dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke delta i avstemninger i dette forumet