FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden FrittForum Debatt

HjelpHjelp   SøkSøk   GrupperGrupper   Bli MedlemBli Medlem 
 ProfilProfil   Sjekk private meldingerSjekk private meldinger   Logg InnLogg Inn 

Heinlein aforismer

Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema    FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden -> Kunst og litteratur
Vis Forrige Tema :: Vis Neste Tema  
Av Innlegg
demokrit
Oberstløytnant
Oberstløytnant

Ble Medlem: 03 Aug 2008

InnleggSkrevet: 01 09 08 15:43    Tittel: Heinlein aforismer Svar med Sitat

USA's kanske mest kjente science fiction forfatter, Robert A. Heinlein, er også kjent for sine aforismer. Mange av de er morsomme, og nesten altid ligger det et velrettet spark mot utvalgte instanser i de. Her er noen eksempler.

1. A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future.

2. One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.

3. A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.

4. If tempted by something that feels "altruistic", examine your motives and root out the self-deception. Then, if you still want to do it, wallow in it!

5. Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors - and miss.

Sist endret av demokrit den 01 09 08 20:46, endret 1 gang
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
demokrit
Oberstløytnant
Oberstløytnant

Ble Medlem: 03 Aug 2008

InnleggSkrevet: 01 09 08 20:43    Tittel: Svar med Sitat

Flere aforismer fra en av verdens beste science fiction forfattere (han var for øvrig ganske gjennomført liberalist).

- - - - -

6. History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.

7. Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

8. Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded - here and there, now and then - are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of society, the people then slips back into abject poverty. This is known as "bad luck".

9. An elephant: A mouse build to government specifications.

10. Any government will work if authority and responsibility are equal and coordinate. This does not insure good government; it simply insures that it will work. But such governments are rare - most people want to run things but want no part of the blame. This used to be called the "backseat-driver-syndrome".

11. Does history record any case in which the majority was right?

12. The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all history.

13. The greatest productive force is human selfishness.
Til Toppen
Vis Medlemmets Profil Send Privat Melding
Vis Innlegg fra:   
Start Nytt Tema   Svar på Tema    FrittForum Debatt Hovedsiden -> Kunst og litteratur Alle klokkeslett er CET (Europa)
Side 1 av 1

Gå Til:  
Du kan ikke starte nye temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke svare på temaer i dette forumet
Du kan ikke endre dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke slette dine egne innlegg i dette forumet
Du kan ikke delta i avstemninger i dette forumet