Ble Medlem: 16 Aug 2008
|Skrevet: 06 10 09 15:01 Tittel: Fransk forsøk på å finne ut av UFO-gåten
The French Report on UFOs and Defense: A Summary
By Gildas Bourdais
On Friday July 16, 1999 an important document was published in France entitled, UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for? ("Les Ovni Et La Defense: A quoi doit-on se préparer?"). This ninety-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by qualified experts from various fields. Before its public release, it has been sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin.
The report is prefaced by General Bernard Norlain of the Air Force, former Director of IHEDN, and it begins with a preamble by André Lebeau, former President of the National Center for Space Studies (Centre National D’études Spatiales), or CNES, the French equivalent of NASA. The group itself, collective author of the report, is an association of experts, many of whom are or have been auditors of IHEDN, and it is presided over by General Denis Letty of the Air Force, former auditor (FA) of IHEDN.
Its name "COMETA" stands for "Committee for in-depth studies." A non-exhaustive list of members is given at the beginning which is quiteimpressive. It includes:
- General Bruno Lemoine, of the Air Force (FA of IHEDN)
- Admiral Marc Merlo, (FA of IHEDN)
- Michel Algrin, Doctor in Political Sciences, attorney at law (FA of IHEDN)
- General Pierre Bescond, engineer for armaments (FA of IHEDN)
- Denis Blancher, Chief National Police superintendent at the Ministry of the Interior
- Christian Marchal, chief engineer of the national Corps des Mines and Research Director at the National Office of Aeronautical Research (ONERA)
- General Alain Orszag, Ph.D. in physics, armaments engineer
The committee also expresses its gratitude to outside contributors including Jean-Jacques Vélasco, head of SEPRA at CNES, François Louange, President of Fleximage, specialist in photo analysis, and General Joseph Domange, of the Air Force, general delegate of the Association of Auditors at IHEDN.
General Norlain explains in a short preface how this committee was created. General Letty came to see him in March 1995, when he was Director of IHEDN, to discuss his idea of a committee on UFOs. Norlain assured him of his interest and referred him to the Association of Auditors of IHEDN, which in turn gave him its support. As a result, several members of the committee come from the Association of Auditors of IHEDN, joined by other experts.
At slike seriøse, offentlige(?) studier av temaet har blitt publisert var nytt for meg, men er antagelig veldig gammelt "nytt" for de mer garvede innen "ufologien"?
Uansett, synes jeg det var interessant å se at noen forsøker å nærme seg og analysere dette fenomenet på en seriøs måte
Dokumentet er inndelt i flg. avsnitt:
Part I: "Facts and Testimonies"
Part II: "The Present State of Knowledge"
Part III: "UFOs and Defense"
Og avsluttes slik:
Finally, this document is accompanied by seven interesting appendices which are worth reading even by seasoned ufologists:
1. Radar detection in France
2. Observations by astronomers
3. Life in the Universe
4. Colonization of space
5. The Roswell case and possible disinformation
6. Antiquity of the UFO phenomenon and elements for a chronology.
7. Reflection on various psychological, sociological and political aspects of the UFO phenomenon.
"Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate." - Thomas Jones